In TPM we use experience gained in the programs implemented in the largest manufacturing companies in the UK.
TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) is a comprehensive program of continuous staff and organization development and cultural change in the manufacturing plant in order to achieve maximum efficiency of machinery and equipment.
TPM ensures long– lasting and desirable values which are of key importance from the perspective of the board and the owners of the plant: maximum efficiency, the highest level of safety and optimum profitability, allowing the company to have all opportunities to build a competitive advantage.
What companies, under what circumstances should use TPM?
Total Productive Maintenance approach is aimed primarily at companies manufacturing products in a continuous, mass– scale, high batch system as well as organizations with extensive plant and machinery.
TPM elements can be successfully implemented in small and medium sized companies to complement Lean Management approach. TPM elements can also be used in companies manufacturing short series of products and in discrete manufacturing.
TPM requires a long-term perspective. It does not solve immediate problems but directs the entire organization to a number of positive changes on several strategic levels.
TPM is addressed to companies that in the long term plan the following:
- self– development,
- strengthening of their position,
- increasing safety,
- providing employees with an attractive working environment while achieving maximum efficiency and productivity.
TPM program philosophy:
Total – includes the entire organization, by involving all its employees
Productive – creates a culture of high productivity and effectiveness
Maintenance– provides desired results through continuous optimization of technical objects
TPM that is Zero Tolerance for:
- breakdowns (optimum maintenance),
- product defects (quality assurance)
- accidents (ensuring high standards of safety)
Levels of cooperation in the TPM:
4RESULTS OFFERS COMPREHENSIVE SUPPORT WITH RESPECT TO PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION OF TPM PROGRAMS IN PRODUCTION PLANTS. WE PROVIDE ASSISTANCE AT THE FOLLOWING STAGES AND LEVELS:
Analysis of the organization's potentialexamining the company in terms of possibilities, profitability of TMP implementation or determination of the stage of current implementation of TPM program (identification of shortcomings, audit of TPM elements). The analysis gives rise to, inter alia, recommendations for actions to implement TPM or for TPM support.
Strategic TPM workshops and consultationssessions conducted with the management board and production leaders. Intended to develop guidelines, directions and objectives of the production area optimization as well as to help to identify strategies. They often precede the analysis of potential or they constitute a key supplementary element in the TPM program implementation. We also provide consulting services for large organizations that independently implement the TPM program but need support in certain parts of the TPM.
Development of TPM strategy – includes
- defining key strategic needs in terms of Productivity, Costs, Quality, Safety, Human Resources, Deliveries and Innovation;
- defining key programs (i.e. Must Win Battle) and indicators to measure effectiveness;
- scheduling of specific activities in conjunction with the key processes in the company;
- defining tasks and responsibilities assigned to processes and activities.
TPM strategy cascadingincludes the development of strategic objectives for the production plant: determination of key projects and adoption of indicators to measure success, with the use of such tools as Balanced Score Card
Implementation of tailor– made programsincludes long– term TPM activities in the organization (implementation of TPM strategy) and support at all levels of the organization and in all areas (pillars) of TPM. We help customers to go through 12 stages of TPM organization development (acc. to JIPM), five of which involve the preparation of the program, one marks the start of implementation, six following ones involve implementation measures.
Implementation of selected elements of TPMincludes support for implementation in the organization of TPM elements selected by the Customer. It is used by smaller companies, implementing the program to optimize production and by large organizations, which are at a certain level of TPM advancement but look for an external partner for further development
TPM Trainingoffered at all stages of the implementation of the TPM program and addressed to all levels of the organization.
TPM reference visitsorganized to inspire companies interested in implementing the TPM program.
Learn about the results and benefits of implementing the TPM program:
- elimination of all kinds of losses and constant striving for greater productivity (focussed improvement), analysis of the types and effects of the FMEA errors,
- improvement of skills of operators who care about entrusted machines (Autonomous Maintenance, Planned Maintenance)
- development of human resources (people development / education & training) at all levels of the organization,
- optimization and maintenance process improvement based on the elimination of losses (KAIZEN)
- shortening the time in which the company implements new products and equipment,
- minimization of defects, a significant improvement in the quality of manufactured products and processes,
- improvement of office and service efficiency as well as areas supporting production,
- minimization of accident risk, creation of a friendly working environment.
Results 2012 vs. 2014
OEE T… + 15%
OEE S… + 10%
Zero Base Waste T… - 0.6%
Zero Base Waste S… - 2.4%
Utilization of machines T… + 16%
Utilization of machines T… + 23%
Energy consumption: – 25%
Costs T ... – 25%
Costs S ... – 25%
The most common needs which drive companies to implement TPM:
- ensuring sustainable results in the production area
- building a long– lasting competitive advantage
- increasing the effectiveness of the implemented strategy
- long– lasting minimization of losses, increase of efficiency and productivity
- efficient organizational culture which is also attractive to employees
- building permanent employee engagement and efficient processes in the areas of manufacturing and production management
Road to TPM awards – World Class Manufacturing
ORGANISATIONS WHICH IMPLEMENT TPM PROGRESS THROUGH LEVELS AND STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT UNTIL THEY ACHIEVE THE WORLD CLASS MANUFACTURING STATUS. WE OFFER SUPPORT AT EVERY STAGE OF TPM DEVELOPMENT IN ORGANIZATIONS.